Monday, May 14, 2007

Body says

Been speed walking and/or running every day. Small bits, longer bits, mostly slow bits. Joints have begun to hurt, and back. This is a different sort of beast than ever before, out of whack, clunky. Body says move to yoga, balance, strength, "recovery" remember. So I bought a book (nearest class 70 miles), began this morning, sun salutations. Thought damn this is hard to learn, but walked away lose and well spent, nice. Recovery, recovery, two and a half months free, what will it be, I can see, it's going to be hard for me. Bring it on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I can't do any of those physical activity things- but I am lately diggin the yoga big time. Jens got me to start, and I'm a loner right, so I just do it in my living room off a dvd.
It's super good fun time, and my back thanks me for it. Oh yeah, and it makes you more... limber :)

Not Blank said...

Inspired by you, I realized I'm not going to get any stamina back by sitting around on my butt, I started walking last week - just 2 city blocks at a time for now, but will increase this as I go on. Good thinkg it's summer - perfect time to start getting in shape. Thanks.

Ample said...

Go UC Go!!! Go UC Go!! Start slow (like we have a choice!) and enjoy it - that's my plan.

QG - limber... I like that ;)