Monday, September 17, 2007

Back and Ready

Back and I hardly thought of the doc's appointment looming over me, tomorrow, bright and early. Must have been all the fun, long lost friends, and big trees (love, love, love the Redwoods), or maybe I'm just unbelievably confident about the whole thing. Either way, I had a blast. Even the city life was good for the first three days (apparently my max). Such culture, fulla drama, but all the people crowd my karma (see City Poems).

I'm just a happy space freak I suppose. Space on this planet, that is. And space I found, among the Redwoods. And bliss, and peace, and great wonderment, and anger... at stupid, greedy adults who have selfishly sawed downed 95% of these majestic beings. And then there are the litter beasts (damn it they are everywhere). How many cigarette butts did I pick up? How many empty beer cans? How many wads of gum? Unbelievable. We did what we could every where we went (my bean's a litter cleaning fiend as well). But the peak of the trip, the grand finale, the ultimate crescendo, was the night at the fire tower (Bear Basin Butte Lookout, of the Smith River National Recreation Area). Just us (hubby and bean), at the top of a long, long, long mountain road. No electricity, no running water, I could live there for months at a time. Spent many moments daydreaming of just that.

And home again now, I've allowed myself to daydream all afternoon about tomorrow. Allowed my mind to fill with images of perfection. Then of how to, how to, how to. Than back to center, over and over and over again. I wouldn't want to miss this once in a life time affair.

I have my picture planned out and a few questions for the doc written down (pretty sure I'd forget them in the glow of all the excitement). Questions like:
  1. Will I ever be tested for Hep C again? And if so, how often?
  2. Does this mean I will never see you (the gastro doc) again? In other words: will the future tests, if any, be completed by my primary?
  3. And finally, is this the end?
I plan on sending flowers. Thought about bringing them. But what if the news is bad: oh, the virus is back, well.... here's some flowers. Nope. I don't think so. But I will send flowers later. Over all, the doc/me relationship's been pretty good. My "doc" (actually an A.R.N.P.) was as great as any involved pharmacist could be. I have tons and tons of respect for her, but that's really all it was. The rest of "treatment" was done my me, with lots of help from the universe, certain close friends (blogging buddies and favorite cousins included here), parents, the bean, and my hubby.

Holey crap..... the news better be good. Wish me luck. Please.


(added later) answers to questions: 1. only if I want to; 2. either/or, my choice; 3. yes, this is SVR.

2 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Yay! An Ample post. Well, two. First off, let me say- Good luck tomorrow. I am on my back porch with the waxing crescent moon shining down and I am asking for your good health from the universe.
All will be well.
And...I had a similar "get me out of the city" feeling when my husband I were in San Francisco two years ago and then...when we got to the big trees...
Whoa.
So much magic there. I return in my mind over and over.
You have that now. Isn't it wonderful?
Welcome home.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes dear Cuz! *fingers crossed*