Tuesday, September 18, 2007

No news

Can you believe it? No news because the wrong test was completed: Hep B by mistake. The Lab's snafu (lab form said Hep C plain as day). My doc was beside herself, near to tears. She understands the weight of this moment, the build up, the surge of anticipation now stalled. She's waiting to know too: did this treatment work? How many times must she ride that roller coaster. I could only laugh with relief. Laugh and laugh and laugh. At least it's not bad news, I kept saying. I mean hey, this could be MUCH worse. Much, much worse. And it's not. So I gotta give more blood. So I gotta wait 7-10 more days. Whatever. That's no big deal. Again, at least it's not bad news, crushing news, news of failure, news of deathly viral return!!! Nope, this is just fine.

So, I said I could handle any kind of news over the phone. So no more trips to town. That's fitting actually. It's how I learned of my original viral load (11, 700, 000), of genotype 1b, over the phone. That's when I finally accepted the viral's existence. Do I remember that call well. Hey! If she calls on the 28th, it will be exactly 2 years from beginning to end. Weird!!! Wow!! Wouldn't that be cool!! Oh I hope she calls then!

Ah... life is so unpredictable isn't it. What a crazy trip. Just gotta love the newness. 10 more days, 10 more days, 10 more days...

7 comments:

Not Blank said...

AGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!
Unacceptable!!!!
Must conserve my energy to throw my own physician's ass out of his 4th floor window, because he's constantly writing down the wrong code on my tests - he's off by one number, so the lab wants to do the antibody test, not the PCR, that's why I'm having my primary care physician order the correct test. But if I have any energy left after that - AAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! I'm coming down there, I'm going to raise hell!!!
At the very least, I'm going to do a Lorena Bobbitt act and cut Florida off my map! :{

Ms. Moon said...

You know, I JUST had a conversation with a woman who believes strongly that we should not have national health care because everything the government gets involved with gets royally screwed up.
Although I can see her point, my argument was that the health care industry could hardly BE more screwed up.
I continue to be boggled.
Ms. Amber- you have a great attitude. A far better one than I could manage to scrape together under such pressure.

Anonymous said...

I knew it. When your post said "no news" I totally knew that was it. So typical, but so not worth stressing over.
No worries big Cuz- you're coming out roses!
XO

TeaStarWitch said...

Unbelievable!!! Out of any understanding! But as you say "not bad news" and I'm sure it will be just great news in 10 days! We will be waiting with you!

Ample said...

UC- save that angst for your physician's ass, he deserves it. I've got nothing but respect for my doc, she's great. The lab on the other hand.... oo oo oo!

Ms Moon, that's a tough one isn't it. I go round and round with that one as well. ps: my name's not Amber, though I do really like that name, one of my favorites, it's just not me. My blog name is Ample :)

QG - I love you, cuz

Teastar - I'm still feeling good about the whole thing. No news is good news on this front :)

Ms. Moon said...

Ample- I knew that. Got brain fuzz.
Call me Ms. Schmoon, make me feel better.

Chris Vacano said...

Welcome back Ample!

Sorry to hear this is getting dragged out, although it seems like you're in EXACTLY the right state of mind. Laugh it off, know in your gut that the news (when you finally get it!) will be good, and keep on living.

Hope you had a great time in Cali!

*hugs*
C