Monday, September 17, 2007

City Poems

3rd day:

City, City,
what a pity,
I can not stay.
Gotta go,
brain tells me so,
my heart she knows the way.
To the hills,
clean air to fill,
my lungs of city dust.
Was fun to see,
street life of thee,
but hug a tree I must.

4th day, angst reflected:

Eyes of many,
space for few,
tongues aplenty,
chomp bits then poo,
lines soar up,
to crowd the sky,
hurried bees,
say: yours is mine.

upon return to the city:

Glowing fog,
or is it smog,
at night they look the same.
Web of lights,
obscure the sights,
no stars to show the way.
Traffic signs,
confusing lines,
my heart is sinking fast.
Desire to flee,
is grasping me,
tomorrow home at last.

tried to write a poem about the beloved Redwoods. Tried for days actually, but it kept turning out angry:

Little Redwood sapling,
how will you fare,
with such evil minded monkeys,
demanding their share....

or

Little Redwood sapling,
will you survive,
thousands of years,
past when I die....

Oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE Them Amp. You're becoming quite a poet.
XO