Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Action junkie

How did my first day of rest go?... well.... After two hours of facilitating home school I was still feeling pretty relaxed. Despite the head pounding, I had woken with a new sense of optimism. Can't quite explain the inner release gained from yesterday's proclamation: I will rest. Then I got a bit carried away. The floors needed to be cleaned (really), the sink was full of dishes, laundry to wash, and clutter.... everywhere. It's now 3pm, I've had two major dizzy spells, yelled at the dog, barked at my daughter, I'm exhausted and completely undone. Great.

OK! lesson becomes more specific: How do you utilize the action junkie, passion princess qualities (because they are not going away) to ensure adequate rest... or do you just need to tap into other wilted in comparison qualities, or do you blah blah blaa blue blee.... yeah.. I need to go lay down that's what.

2 comments:

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

I am with you ample. I too feel as though i should stay still and rest just for a bit. I have plenty of time to rest and let the treatment do it's thing. But i am forever planning my next bike ride, cleaning the entire flat all in one go and doing the washing up, washing the car, laundry etc. I just can't seem to stop sometimes. I don't want to stop is what it is.
I think you're doing wonderfully. I don't have pets or children, i don't work either. I live alone and have only me to look after. I have it easy i think.
Keep going Ample, you'll get there in no time!

Jason

P.s. Have you found those 2 Rob Grant books? I have just finished re-reading them. You can have them if you want. Let me know.

Ample said...

I'm starting to want to stop... there are times I'm doing more harm than good (to me and to others).
We'll see how it goes.... if today's any indication, a challenge is afoot.

Ps. I'm 3/4 through Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul - man it's good! I had forgotten you mentioned Rob Grant. I'll look around here first (save a little cross-Atlantic postage). Thanks