Tuesday, September 19, 2006

To all my friends and family

For the next six months, do not expect me for dinner. I maybe there, but pay no mind if I'm absent. I am resting in the back room and will no doubt, arrive refreshed, exuberant, and joyously social when the time is right. From here on out, I give myself the right, the privilege, the duty to say an honest yes, no, or maybe. If there's any worry about me becoming a lay-about or taking malicious advantage of my family or friends, then you don't know me very well and you better get over it.

I've been fighting a losing battle for long enough, struggling to be up when down is better, buying time with diminishing returns, closing my eyes to the obvious truth: I just need to rest. Not necessarily alone, but definitely protected. This is my lesson to learn, anyone else may have a different one, under different circumstances, mine may change. It's taken six long months of chemical infusion to reach this edge, this is big for me, it's time to take the plunge.

*special thanks to my best friend...you always seem to know the truth no matter how hard I hide it from myself. Thank you for your honest answers and curious questions. Thank you most of all, for maintaining the highest expectations.... I'm going to be the best sick-person-getting-well ever! Man, I'm going to be radiant!!

No comments: