Sunday, September 03, 2006

full glass of water

Prioritize, prioritize, prioritize - do what matters most FIRST, because the rest might not happen. How many times must I relearn that lesson!

In the morning that means drink a full glass of water, then make the coffee. What's so difficult about that? Well... this morning: it sure would be nice to open all the windows in the house (fresh morning breeze is the best), then start a load of laundry (my favorite cut-off jeans are looking greasy), then stew over last night's small marital conflict (I just can't believe ...), then coffee.... right? But now I'm hurting, head swimming, beginning to contort. Uh oh... just finish the coffee... wait, I need to drink water, oh my head... I'm going down, on the floor, tears streaming, head pounding... stupid stupid stupid... forgot the lesson again! OK... Got it...now I need help. Call to husband, helping arms deliver salvation, desperation gulps it down.

No comments: