Wednesday, September 13, 2006

HOW-TO

HOW-TO be sick and get well (hard lessons for the audacious Type A):
  • Don't worry... you're still an over-achiever.
  • Without help, care, and attention you will look like crap.
  • Face it, you are no longer enough for yourself, you can't do it alone, and you are worth it.
  • When you pause to prioritize, you will look hot.
  • "Perfect balance" actually includes "needing others".
  • To satisfy the accomplishment craving, chop tasks into tiny mini steps, swallow proudly.
  • Ignore the ever present voice that says stop and sit down for no more than 5 minutes, but listen to the dizzy spells right away.
  • Accept only the guidance that feels healthy, strong, and successful (you'll recognize it).
  • Continue to look for the benefits of a situation and cling gracefully.
  • Caution against indecision. You KNOW what you need, so ask for it, organize it if you have to... do you really want to wait around for someone else to get it right?

3 comments:

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Hi Ample,

I am just fine thanks:) I was going to write a new post later on, seeing as though it is my 30th injection tonight.
I never know when to add new posts. I suppose whenever i feel like it really. I sometimes wonder what other bloggers think of my nonsense;)

Check bak later to see what i have been up to since my last post.

Take care

Jason

Anonymous said...

Juancho here: Reporting for Duty.

The Old Bag said...

Wise words for all of us...thanks!