Tuesday, September 05, 2006

late next spring

My goal, after treatment, is to run the shuttle of a canoe trip. Not the trudging along panting, drooling, heaving kind of running. I mean the flying, soring, head up, shoulders relaxed, body flowing kind of speed. YEAH! Five miles at least (hey, I never was that much of a runner)! That's what I'll be doing late next spring.

I'll finish treatment sometime in March. I can't quite look at the exact date, the possible details of that day are just too enormous. Will it all be for not? I begin to image the "oh well..." statements coming out of my mouth, "...a whole year". Even the flip side is daunting, will I actually be "cured" (in quotes because there is debate as to whether a true cure is possible). At one month the virus was already undetectable. Which jumped my chances from 43% to 75%... chances... chances of explosive joy? of relief? of future wellness? of a longer life? That's enough of that talk. I'll just keep dreaming of days filled with physical relief, boundless spirit, and a fast step.

2 comments:

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Hi Ample,

Thank you for your kind words about my blog. I have never done anything like this before and at the moment i am quite enjoying doing it.
Thanks for putting a link to my blog on yours. I am still learning how all this works. I shall put yours on mine as soon as i find out how;)
I have read yours too, and several others. And although we all have at least one thing in common, we all have a different story to tell, and that is what i find really insightful reading them. I shall be following yours as i will the others.
I can't remember how i felt when i was first told of the news i had Hep C. I would've already had it for about 20 years by this stage and at the time i was already bang into my HIV drugs and it was just another disease to deal with and just brushed it away to one side and mostly forgot about it, until my Doctors started saying i should maybe start treatment soon. And when soon became now, this is when i really took in the seriousness of it all and the stage at which i was at. It seems that you have a massive headstart on me and this can only be a very good thing.

Take care & thanks again.

Jason Tolmie

Anonymous said...

Hear that? That's the sound of 10 more viral particles imploding under the strain of your mighty spirit. Run, Ample, run!