Friday, April 27, 2007

5th day emergence

They say..... during a fast you may feel the effects of stored toxins being released from your system, like little mini flashbacks from residual pockets, exposed as culprits, forced out in full glory, headaches, blah, blah, that sort of thing. Well not me, so far, this whole week has been great. Full of energy, active, satisfied with life. Maybe I'm just tough, I thought, or maybe I just hadn't gotten there yet....

Well it started last night. Well actually yesterday, now I see in hindsight, the first sign appeared: I got greasy. I mean greasy, oily, thick, all over. My hair, my skin has been dry, brittle, straw like, itchy since treatment, not now..... all pores, all at once, whoosh (a good sign I had hoped). Then last night... terrible dreams, where my eyes felt glued shut, goopy, uncontrollable, unfocused, spinning wildly in different directions, treatment dreams. Hadn't had one of those for months. Woke this morning to droopy lids, poor vision, and a body that longed to lay flat, alone, in a corner, quiet.

Maybe I just needed to eat, my new found brain fog slurred, but I've been gorging on fresh squeezed juices all week, plenty of electro lights, haven't once felt weakened. Chomped on carrots dipped in dressing for good measure. But that wasn't it, felt wrong, mistaken, like I might be missing the boat, the pinnacle, the message if I stopped too soon. So I sat with a belly ache and observed. A mere shadow of treatment this is, maybe the last. Now Get Out!

Back to juice, a little colon cleanse, a long Epsom Salt bath, and a short sort of nap (daughter's movie ended). And now I'm back, a bit, on track, in tunned, will ride along a little bit longer, then slowly reintroduce solids, gently, with a keen eye towards my favorites (starting tonight, a little).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exorcising Demons Amp? :)

Ample said...

Out Ye Toxic Rabbit!

I'm actually working on a poem with that very line :)

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

"Runneth Rabbit, Runneth"

What favorites Ample? Chicken slices dipped in hummus...cheese on toast...fried egg sandwich on white bread. Arby's? Do you have Arby's where you live? If you do...Jalapeno Bites, but instead of using their provided Bronco Berry sauce (eeew!) you must use their Horsey sauce instead:) With Curly fries too:)

I do miss Arby's;)

Take it easy kiddo:)

Jaex

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read it! :D

Anonymous said...

Re that Arby's comment- don't forget the "Jamocha" milkshake! Do they still have that flavor? :) I never understood the Bronco berry sauce. Hmmm Jalapeno bites...

Chris Vacano said...

mmmmmmmm Arby's! too bad it's 1 am here (or maybe it's for the better)... big ol' roast beef smothered with that cheez-whiz they use, horsey sauce, Arby's sauce... curly fries and oh yes (!) indeed the Jamocha shake!!! And polish it all off with one of those Pepperidge Farms cherry turnovers.

Sinful (as evidenced by the involuntary penance the next morning)

Clearing the toxins seems like a good idea Ample. Wish I had the discipline. I can see how cabbage juice would be pretty nasty. Try juicing some cantaloupe combined with a carrot or two, leafy green cale (the darker the better) a small piece of beet and a pear or apple... it's the BEST! (I know, it sounds revolting, but trust me... it's fantastic, and you'll be walking on air all day).

Cheers!
Chris

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Talking of Arby's, have any of you guys wrung the bell on the way out? I wanted to, but was kinda worried it might make me look stupid;) And then when I finally got the courage up one day, the bell was completely gone...someone had either stolen it or thought their curly fries were sooo good that they wrung it so hard only to knock it off the wall and into Macdonalds next door;)

I hope you're well Ample...are you away?

Jae, away with a certain Deirdre...

xx

Ample said...

away? nope... just slow to post :)

TeaStarWitch said...

Arby's? Have you seen their commercials when above heads of people eating Arby's something is hanging? Does it looks like red penis or it's me being weird by not having sex for months?