Wednesday, April 18, 2007

It really was

It really was crazy, when I think of it, shuffling across the yard. The pain, the weakness, really unbelievable. I catch myself 3, 4 times a day, thinking wow, look at me. Look at me now, I can do this: stand in a crowd, walk across a parking lot, bounce up stairs, laugh out loud, eat dinner. No tears, no pain, yet my hep C eyes remain. More distant, watchful, acute. Details, desires, faint then harsh, unavoidable, why wouldn't they be. My smile now for a reason.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So are these Hep C eyes both good and bad then? Do you see new things with these eyes?

Ample said...

yep..... good and bad. The new view of details can be tough to swallow, impatience with twisted communication, dishonesty, inefficiency, inequality..... but the decisions about what “I” want to do about them are much easier to make, priorities more clear, personal ability more obvious and I know who I am (for the most part anyway - still getting used to that one ;)

I like myself better now, with these eyes.... weird.

Anonymous said...

"My smile now for a reason" I know what you mean on that- understanding what you have...
:)

Ample said...

you got it cus :)