Friday, June 15, 2007

Bagel down

Eh... the bagels turned out OK..... as dinner rolls, good with butter, fun to make, but not what I had in mind. As usual, the set back set me back, began to second guess my intuition, changed course, went for something different, more of a roasted portobello with garlic/parsley and melted mozzarella, topped with braised spinach, all nestled on toasted sourdough (not a bagel, not jack, not chipotle, not original). Still good... very good really... but I'm gonna have to try again. I can do better. Next time I'll try for a little more trust in myself. Yeah, I think I can do that. (pfuff, can't be as hard as treatment!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amp I think it is totally unfair of you to post your dishes without the recipe! That's just mean. Seriously, follow up! A want the salsa ones, the egg thing- what is that? I want really most of them so... Seriously! :)

Ample said...

They're long and hard to copy! But hey, they are all in that one book I mentioned: Vegetarian Suppers from Deborah Madison's Kitchen. She's incredible. I seriously recommend her!

Not Blank said...

I'm already putting on MORE WEIGHT just by reading your blog these days! :{
I did question the use of a bagel as the foundation for this creation - think they get too mushy, perhaps a nice French or Italian bread next time you and your hubby want to go 'dancing in the moonlight.' ;}

Ample said...

UC I think you're right, something crusty, something able to soak up the sauce a bit but not fall apart... ho ho ho! I'm hungry now!