Thursday, February 01, 2007

Calendar flip

a new month,
bills due,
and there it was:
The Final Numbers.
The End (staccato).
Inhale (staccato).
My writing, weeks ago,
44 - 47,
in green.
Then flip, there it was,
March 2,
last day,
48.
Flip back, to write it in,
in the blanks, past 28,
more correct,
that is.
Now the number,
48,
light yellow, in the sun.
There, the whole,
on this, one page,
today, then tomorrow,
leading to 48,
all on one page,
all on one page.
I had made it, to the last page.
I had made it.
I had made it!
I HAD MADE IT!
I HAD MADE IT!
I HAD MADE IT!

5 comments:

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Bloody great to see you have made it to the last page of your calendar:) My calendar has been wonderful to me. Jotting my bike rides down and my shots and marking each day off after my tablets. I couldn't have done it without my mobile phone (alarm) and my ever so trusty calendar:)
I think I will continue marking down the days that I ride my bike. I quite enjoyed that part of it all:)

Just one month to go.........Great:) I am already waiting for you with that full length cashmere body suit;)

Juancho said...

on help

http://www.thesunmagazine.org/374_RW_Help.pdf

Anonymous said...

Did a happy dance for you after reading this. You're almost there. End in sight; nearly your turn to dance. Beautiful.

TeaStarWitch said...

You had made it!!! Huray! You are one strong muffin!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Despite all those seemingly endless days, nights, and weekends, proof that time HAS indeed passed. So incredibly happy for you.