Sunday, February 18, 2007

I'm in a good place

Though my body could be poured into a puddle, my mind feels tremendously alive, my emotions steady with strength. This is new. My body's weak, my spirit is not. In the beginning, they were inseparable. Down the emotions would dwell as my body lay crushed, crumpled, seized. Sorrow married pain. Fear felt like death, but I new this was not true. For many months I've worked to unlock them. Recognized early on, the road of less struggle pointed the surest way to healing, survival, victory. Efficiency became my game. Check points along the way ensured safety, so the the rest could be gently accepted. My body still groans under medicated pressure, but for this moment my mind feels free to care for it, speak for it, maybe even love it. I guess it's never to late to get the hang of this (only 12 days left).

2 comments:

Not Blank said...

Up down up down up down...there's no pattern I can see. The only pattern is that there's no pattern. Monday - day before my injection - used to be the one "good day" I could count on. Nowadays - not so much. Hang in there, not much longer to go...

Ample said...

You're right, the med sides varied unpredictably from barely manageable to worse on most days for me... but the day immediately after injection was always always the worse (hands down). Sorry to hear of your recent loss... a good day is hard to find!

As far as this up goes...I feel I worked for it (and that's been the most consistent pattern).