Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mega Tour in Tally

Got no plans for next week and I'm keeping it that way. Notta. Not going to leave this house unless I really really want to. Not even going to let anyone come to visit (so don't try). I'm hunkering down, gonna sit in the zone, and drift lazily through the final days (forget that sprinting stuff).

'Course, tonight I'm doing just the opposite .... Mega Tour in Tally, the Blue Man Group, Civic Center, daughter's first big gig, and my plans are running backwards:

* 7:30pm show starts
* -20 min to be dropped of at the doors (won't make the night if I have to walk across that parking lot)
* allow 30 min for dinner at the local sandwich shop (no cooking either)
* remember the 1 hour drive to town
* that means 5:30 pm in the car, ready to go (at the latest)
* expect 20-30 min to find tickets, gripe at hubby (sorry, but lets go ahead and plan for it), pack the camera, ear plugs, water, etc.
* don't forget the 20 min to set the doggus up for the evening (toy/floor check)

And then there's the shower, dress, and fog ... humm... at least home schooling's done, laundry's already in the drier, maybe a little more chocolate, and I guess I'll go ahead a get started. Concert starts in 7 hours... in fatigue time, that's a slow mo blink of the eye...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is this daughter's first big gig stuff? I know so little...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous time! Hope you guys had fun.

PSPam said...

Hello. Are you here in Tallahassee? I am too. Also with Hepatitis C and I can relate to walking from the parking lot! LOL You know we have a wonderful HCV support group in Tallahassee. Do you attend? Do we know each other?

Peace
Pam
www.HEALSoftheSouth.org
www.HEALSoftheSouth.com

Not Blank said...

How did it go?

Ample said...

Daughter’s first big gig to "attend". Though, let me tell you, she wanted up on that stage. Every time they pulled people out of the crowd she was jumping in her seat... gezz, a life of show biz may be in the works.

The evening went well (not even a drop of griping), but the bathrooms were a hike (I was eyeing those electric wheel chairs let me tell you). All had fun... but my fun was cloudy and woke to a head full of sharp rocks. Oh well..

Hey Pam! I've never been to the Tally support group, but I've heard good things about it. I'm west of town, north of Bristol, so those treks are reserved for child related essentials these days. Thanks for dropping by my site. Maybe I'll get to meet you one day soon? Take care.

TeaStarWitch said...

Active life makes you forget you're on treatment. How did you do on parkinglot?

Ample said...

active life has the opposite effect on me these days.... brings me to tears (not kidding). parking lot was thankfully avoided (hubby dropped me off at the door).

PSPam said...

I hope that someday you do make it over to Tallahassee :-) The support group is really growing and we have helpful speakers now as well as each other. Here is the list so far this year just as an FYI:
List of upcoming SPEAKERS:

Feb. 5 - Michael Goodman, transplant recipient (refreshments provided by Roche Pharmaceuticals)

Mar. 5 - Susan Cason, RN - How the liver works! (refreshments provided by HEALS)

Apr. 2 - Phil Reichert, MPH - State of Florida Hepatitis Prevention Program(refreshments provided by Roche Pharmaceuticals)

May 8 - Linda Smith, PhD, LMFT - Self Care with Hepatitis C (refreshments provided by the Digestive Disease Clinic)

June 4 - Lynn Panton, Ph.D., FACSM - Exercise: The Medicine of Choice (refreshments provided by

Aug. 6 - Phil Reichert, MPH - State of Florida Hepatitis Prevention Program

Stay tuned and check back often! We plan to have speakers on Nutrition, Lab tests, Massage Therapy, Acupuncture, Vibrio Vulnificus, Pharmacist, Gastroenterologist and various other topics of interest.