Monday, February 26, 2007

Graduation

Four days left and I'm pretty much ready. Still got to finish the doll (the Ample Hep C felt doll I'm making for the ceremony), but it's already started. All the other pieces have been decided upon and collected. It's just a little "graduation" thing. Just me, my symbolic objects, and the setting sun. My plan is to head out Saturday, my first full day off meds, late afternoon, to the charred oak. I'm hoping I'll feel good enough to make it on my own, but if not, I've got back-up. I'll light a fire, set myself up, and watch the full moon rise. After that I may take a nap in the sand. It's going to be great no matter what. This has all been great no matter what. All worth it. Really.

Oo Ah Oo Ah Oo Ah Ah

3 comments:

Not Blank said...

Good plan - burning the doll, not the sofa. I'll watch for a bright light in the southern sky.
This fire will burn so intensely, it will probably inspire a new religion or at least a cult. Be prepared to be worshiped, at least by those a few weeks or a few months behind you!

Ample said...

You brought a smile to my face (large accomplishment today), but I am not burning the doll (funny idea though!)... The doll is a little "me" that I'm keeping forever. Now if I could just drag that sofa...

PSPam said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Remember you won't feel GREAT the minute you stop taking the meds ;-) But gradually they will work through your system and you will feel GOOD again! HOORAY and WAY TO GO!! :-)