Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dear Jae,

Did I not tell you!
Did I not already tell you!
That I had a dream last night that my daughter found my watch!
I did didn't I! Even wrote it down didn't I! And it just happened! Just like my dream, too! She came running, yelling wildly, "Hey! Hey! I found your watch! I found your watch!” holding it out straight and high.

In my dream I immediately knew it was just a dream, but I liked how happy she looked, so I didn't say anything, just smiled, then I woke up.

But the real thing was crazy. I ripped off my imaginary jersey, screamed like a World Cup champion, dripping wet (having just stepped out of the shower), and punched the air. Not a pretty sight, I assure you. Which might explain the suddenly stunned look on my daughter's face. Yet I grabbed her up and bounced her around anyway. She wasn't quite mortified (she's only six), but it was an early version. Didn't phase me one bit or slow me down. She loosened up after a few rounds, just in time for me to wear out. She had found it at the bottom of her toy box, there since last Friday's partial room clean-up. Can you believe it? I can't believe it! Awesome!

5 comments:

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Exactly that! You e-mailed me, telling me that you dreamed that your daughter found your lost watch.......And then she really finds it! Wowwee!! That is just so wicked:)
That must have been really spooky no? And you were in the shower too!
You know what this means Ample? This means you have to finish off last Fridays partial room clean-up;) Just don't loose it again!
Thanks Ample, I can't believe you named a whole post after me! I am so chuffed:) And it's Valentines Day too:) Yay! I will have to return the favour sometime. It was only a matter of time before I did anyway;)
Now put you daughter down & get dressed for goodness sakes!

Ample said...

See! See! I did tell you. Weird! It WAS spooky.... I think it means I should never clean her room again :)

Not Blank said...

I knew it would turn up also. Think this means you should give it to her when you're done and teach her how to tell time, if she doesn't know how to do so already!

TeaStarWitch said...

Congratulations!!! It made you so happy!!! Glad to hear you loughing

Anonymous said...

Life is funny eh Ang? So next let's dream that you are healthy, running a maraton, having hours of sex (not at the same time), and having long flowing hair. And definitely dream yourself smiling! Smooches!