Tuesday, November 21, 2006

8 month check-up

Everything's holding steady at a reasonable low; except for my neutriphil count (part of the white blood cells) which has plummeted. So they are reducing my interferon to 135 mg (3/4 of a dose) for two weeks. They've had to do that for one week at a time, twice before. This time I guess it's extra low. I didn't write down the number so I've forgotten it, all I remember is the upwelling of pleasure, hope, ahhh...

Reduce my dose? OK!! For two weeks? OK!! My smile was uncontainable... I tried to act concerned, but honestly, I didn't care. The chance to feel better, even a little, was intoxicating. I could tell last time, really, my Saturday was quite pleasant, I remember... though when the dose was brought back up it knocked me down, hard, like a sack of bricks, oh it hurt (pain is relative). But that's OK, I'll deal with that later!

For now, I'm already feeling the effects (though the first shot's not till this Friday). It's the hint of happiness, relief, just a taste, that's carrying me. It's a double edge sword, a catch 22. You don't want the dose lowered if it means the virus survives. I know. I know. I know... AND at the same time, sweet hope of relief... ahhhh...

No comments: