Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Come home, baby

Anticipating my daughter's return, waiting for the call announcing their departure. I'm nervous, too. Worried. Wanting to be all better, for her, to see me happy and playful. Excitement turning to stress. Expressions with hubby headed towards disaster this morning, both of us steering madly away before coming together, faintly hoping to help ourselves. Learned a little, enough for now. I'm making plans for the next few days, good food in the fridge, movies to watch. I hope to follow her around, listening, watching her beautiful form create, get muddy. That makes me smile. I'll hold onto that for awhile. Test my waters with a tentative toe. I do have a reprieve just a few days away. Her weekend with my parents will serve as another safety latch, escape route. Scratching at the 8 month post, soon only 4 more to go. We can do this, right? This isn't forever. I'll tie myself to life's momentum and ride this carnival ride till the end. I'm looking forward to her face, her voice. I want it all to be perfect and I'll settle for nice. Come home, baby.

No comments: