Saturday, November 25, 2006

Ummm... well... no.

I don't feel any better. In fact I feel like crap. I'm sure I reduced the dose. Maybe if this fat hairy headache would move out of the way I could get a better view. Imagine what I'd feel like from a full syringe. Yeah that's it, I could feel worse, I can see that from here.

I'm sure it's just the accumulated 'thumping' from the last few days, festive festivities, swirling swirling, talk, talk, talk (mostly from others), as I slowly moved from one room to the other. I did pretty good though, proud of myself. The ever present feedback loop kept me in tight check, "nope, put that down, nope, sit down, nope, just smile..." I ate a lot of good food though, watched my daughter run wild with her cousins, watched my extended family consume amazing amounts of alcohol (they're such good catholics). No big family crisis this year though, probably for the best.

Now I'm home alone, just where I want to be; daughter safe at my parents, husband off to work. Maybe later I'll feel better... could be worse... right?

12 comments:

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Hey Ample,

Sounds like you had a taxing few days. I have all this to look forward to of course when Dec 25th comes by in exactly one month's time.
Glad to hear you did alright feeling the way you do:) It isn't easy as you know. I wish I was feeling a bit more pain from my injections etc. Feels like water.....but even water is good:)
Been trying to feel good about things recently, just can't seem to too much these days.

Thanks for the comment you left over at my blog earlier:) You have made me feel rather special this afternoon:)

Did you know that these "fat hairy headaches" don't have any legs? And find it difficult being mobile. They are the shape of footballs though and do need a good kicking once in a while.........hope it goes soon Ample.

Jason

Ample said...

"We call them there soccerballs..." (yes, some talk like that over here - just listen to our brilliant president). But I like the image, they are rough and solid, dark air within. I'll work with that. I like it.

As far as your pain goes, you're totally missing out, nothing like a really heavy wet blanket holding you down and sharp ice in your bones. I envy you.

Ample said...

Will my site be monitored by Homeland Security now? Oops...it will now... never mind me... we're cool...

Not Blank said...

Hey, you survived, just in time to go into training for Christmas! And don't worry, the Department of Homeland Security is monitoring your site. (And mine!)

Anonymous said...

HOMELAND SECURITY ANNOUNCEMENT: Please stop acknowledging our presence!

Ample said...

I'm laughing so hard! At nothing I promise, nothing to laugh at, really, just a giggle, a really deep giggle, at nothing...

Chris Vacano said...

Awww, c'mon, Ample! Living in the panhandle, you know how quick DHS is at responding to people in crisis. It will be at least a year and lots of buck-passing and finger pointing before any of those yahoos even aknowledge that you have a blog.

Uh oh... think I just added myself to the list. :-)

Anonymous said...

HOMELAND SECURITY ANNOUNCMENT: This is no giggling matter and please expect one of our crack men around anytime.........in the next 3 to 4 months maybe..........just looking at our diary...........nearly there........Yes, as soon as we have finished with hurricane Katrina we will be around!..............Ner!

Anonymous said...

HOMELAND SECURITY ANNOUNCMENT: And yes Chris...........you're on the list! Will a visit next Winter be ok?

Not Blank said...

Two words: data mining!

It's here, it's real, it's not going away.

Chris Vacano said...

Yep! Next winter's fine for me, sir. Just make sure to call ahead so I can make good and sure to be home *wink, nudge*.

Data mining... eww. You mean somebody out there knows exactly how boring I really am?! *sigh*

TeaStarWitch said...

Ample, same here... So similar to my situation. So tired..... all I can say: I'm exhausted. Stay strong and keep giggling