Monday, November 06, 2006

Dancing on feet

Calls from my daughter, her voice is so sweet,
Tells long winded tales, while dancing on feet,
Voice squeals with excitement, intermixed with some doubt,
She wants to come home, my heart wants to shout.
Then off again, stories of forts built in ditches,
Swinging from vines, pretending they're witches.
I try to sound thrilled, fear sprinkles my mind.
A ditch? Were there cars? Danger to find?
Where were the parents, the Nana, assured,
to protect her, love her, keep her secured.
Cause she's not at my side and I miss her like crazy...

That's why I worry and listen so close,
For signs of real sadness, loss of last hope,
But she says, she's got big plans, with the cousins, more fun,
Yes, she misses me and No, she's not done,
And I learn a new lesson, of life's dual existence,
Both-and is best, why try to resist it,
Sick belly is worth it, when the cake tastes so good,
So I smile, safely knowing I still stand where I stood.
Yes, I am grateful, for this time to recoup,
Time with my husband, time to reboot.
Use it well, I will, no time be a wasting,
I plan to have no plans, till joy I be tasting.

2 comments:

TeaStarWitch said...

You are a great, great mom. You are a sensitive and beautiful person.

Ample said...

Thank you so much... lots of internal struggle going on these days, hope I'm doing ok.