Saturday, November 11, 2006

I am the Whale

The rune given last week,
On the day I would fail,
Spoke of joy, pleasure, harmony,
Where was that as I wailed.

Yet I pondered each day,
Sensing clarity out of reach,
Like a ghost in my peripheral,
Shrouded by disbelief.

The Whale I drew this week,
Words described me at length,
As the ocean's gentle mountain,
No sense of speed, only grace.

Yet I still didn't get it,
Till today when I stumbled,
On the obvious path,
Truth spoken not mumbled.

This veil was my 'lost self',
Held up as a mask,
Staccato ways of history,
Success from my past.

Time spent lamenting,
Over life’s lost direction,
Modeled shapes of victory,
Obscured my reflection.

Today I saw new self,
Moaning deep melodies,
Slow, strong, and graceful,
Immense possibilities.

The Whale I am soaring,
Warming my voice,
Pleasure I am feeling,
This is my choice.


Maybe a bit of foreshadowing with the choice of "Ample" as my pen name. As I am under 5'2" and tightly built.... humm.

2 comments:

Not Blank said...

It amazes me that you are able to write and quote poetry, despite this thing we have, and not obsess about it (as i do). You are a really strong person, and I know you're going to win this fight.
uncertain

Ample said...

Oh, I obsess... believe me. Everyday all day long. It's hard not too, when each day is so amplified.

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I do plan on winning this fight, and healing as many wounds as I can along the way. (these meds just seem to magnify already existing issues for me/family... and I'm ready for them to be resolved - not enough energy to waste maintaining broken record communications!... they just seem to add more pain anyway). Thank you, again.