Tuesday, November 07, 2006

And showers

They deserve to be in bold print, too. Major part of my survival. Not every day though. Most days it's just too much work, getting undressed, then redressed, just makes more laundry. But when it's right and I've got plenty of time, I'm in till the water runs out. Listening to the pipes whistle songs of bliss. Hot then hotter, burning my neck and behind my ears. Worries of waste flicker, I bargain for more, justifying this excess, just this last time, next time... Soon promises disappear and I'm there again, pain burning away, swirling at my feet, cleaning me of thought, forever.

As the water cools, I bid a quiet farewell, dry my swollen limbs, breathe the last steam. Happy I took the time today. It's all going to be ok.

2 comments:

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

I know what you mean Ample. I have a similar treat with a nice hot bath. Everyone is the same. I have to prepare the healing grounds before hand thusly; Fill the bath up with plenty of hot water and bubbles. Whilst the bath is filling, I get the portable cd player out and plug it into the socket and lead it just inside the bathroom door, facing the bath. Then out comes my i-pod Nano, plug that in to the cd player and shove it on random (I have about 1000 tracks on there, each time is different). The fridge is my next stop where I grab a 2 litre bottle of water and some nice flavoured Barley Water Cordial and a pint glass and take the whole lot into the bathroom and place it each side of the tap. With the i-pod playing I jump into the bath and sit there in the hot water and disappear for 45 minutes.............:) And then a nice warm shower to finish things off.

Yes Ample.......it's all going to be alright.

Jason

Ample said...

You must have a nice big bath tub! That sounds fantastic, you DO know what I'm talking about....