Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Power watching

Put my watch back on today. Had been missing the convenience, the color, the tool, the ritual of checking the day's name and date to jot down in my journal, top right, corner first, then the page can be filled. 10 days since I took it off, turned it off, put it away. I didn't want it anymore and now I do.

And then, less than an hour later, as we were walking towards the charred oak, my daughter called out "Wait! You're walking faster than I am!"....... we both paused..... stared at each other with mixed confusion..... such familiar words..... have I heard them before..... distant lands..... "What did you say?" I asked.... Whoo Hoo! We hugged, jumped, danced, and squealed. "That's the first time that's happened since treatment started!" I shouted. "I know!" she yelled.

Are they connected?

5 comments:

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Definitely connected.....Thats good news Ample:) Looks like you'll be running to the charred oak in no time......and back again when you get spooked again;) Next stop......your local mountain bike shop.
I am glad to see you have your watch back on. I still mark down each day off on my calendar as if I am still on tx and I still jot down my cycling/kayak trips down too, where as before tx I never did either of those things.

TeaStarWitch said...

Is not it great? Your life is comming back, you are coming out your cacoon, streching, waiking up, opening your eyes : )

Not Blank said...

Well, of course they're connected. When it's time for you to lose the watch...maybe you'll lose the watch for real...maybe on a trip to the beach...or in a body of water...somewhere it wants to go.
So glad you're getting back to normal so quickly!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to your life.......reborn and gloriosly healthy......BRAVO...BRAVO!!!!!!!............SO PROUD OF YOU,YOU ARE AN AMAZING WOMEN A DEFINITE FORCE TO BE RECKOND WITH.....SHEILA

Anonymous said...

You are now the keeper of time. No longer it's captive.

I had been secretly wondering what your plans for the watch were. Now I know - wearing it in good health!