Friday, March 02, 2007

Brilliant, beautiful, new

Woke to the last day at midnight.
Heavy storms drove us down stairs for a short while.
Then this morning, sun breaking through, everything wet, scoured, bright.
Daughter cheering the end of treatment with her first breath.
Presents declaring "completion" drive me to tears.
I've made it.
Coffee time and I must shield myself from wasteful conversation.
No negativity today from yesterday about tomorrow, quiet, I'm channeling this moment.
Then watch time chimes for my last three pills.
I watch the box.
I hold them.
Then in my mouth, I caress them and swallow.
One more shot tonight, the final.
But for me, the end has already begun, brilliant, beautiful, new.

2 comments:

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Do you know what Ample? You are simply amazing! Your whole attitude during this tx has been absolutely soaked with positivity and forward thinking! Every single last second!

You are truly the dogs bollocks!

Jaex

Chris Vacano said...

Way to go Ample!!! I'm so glad for you that it's over. Now it's time to let the toxins dissipate and get back to living your fullest life.

Big hugs and a cheer!

Chris