Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Music Festival

off I go...

What am I doing... pulling out the tent, airing out the sleeping bags, dusting off the back pack... am I crazy.... to go camping so soon? In another life, I went every weekend, long ago it seems, big trips, burly girl, loads of fun, here I come. But I'm scared now, a little, what if it hurts too much, like before with the meds. What if I can't make it to the camp site.... and have to sit.... or cry again. What if the band stages are too far apart, and it's too hot.... and I cry again (in front of strangers, whisper, whisper).

I've got till tomorrow, noon, to plan, decide, escape. We'll stay till Sunday, noon, then free, easy, home.
Can I do it?
I can do it.
Can I?
Yes.
Really?
Sure.... just repeat after me:
I will say "NO" to heavy stuff.
I will keep to the edges till I find my stride.
I will spend all day at the river if necessary (screw the bands).
I will not rush, expect speed, or stress about time.
I will look for the ice cream vendor (there has to be one, right?).
I will make the best of it and observe the difference. There will be a difference, I know, between now, then, and tomorrow. That's good, all right, manageable, expected, right?

5 comments:

Fredji said...

Hey!
My name is Fred and I'm Portuguese...
I was jumping beetween blogs and I found this one! And I really liked what I read.
Congratulations... Keep on the good work and I will keep on reading**

A smile for u
_in portuguese_ Um sorRISO para ti ;)

Unknown said...

fearless...full of courage...living life......standing ovation....you go girl

Ample said...

I don't know about all that DS....

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

You'll be fine Ample.....It's your music festival....and you'll cry if you want too:)

Take Ample Doll with you.....if she wants out.....she'll tell you.

Enjoy......Wish I was coming.....bit time!

Jaex

TeaStarWitch said...

Of course you can do it. It's no different from staying home, just less comfort. Please. I was camping in the beginning of treatment, had pains, but what are painkillers for? You can do it, Ample. Enjoy.
I'm planning to go to electronic music festival outdoors in NJ with Natia and my daughter. Fun : )
Teah