Saturday, March 17, 2007

Saturday morning inclusion

Daughter gave me the morning drill: eggs for breakfast, and cereal, then put the leotard on under her clothes. She reminds me twice NOT to yell "bravo" across the gymnasium when she does something particularly great and no flash photography. Got it. 8:45 am, arrived early enough for the tour. Here's her cubby, the locker room, the water fountain. That's her coach. We sit here till they call the class. Stretches are first (her least favorite part). Hopefully they will do the trampoline today. They did.

Such an early morning start up for a Saturday, yet here I am... Catching up.... on what my daughter has been doing for the last three months. She waves and smiles a lot. I watch from the edge of my seat, through flashing eyes and swirling vision, but that's ok, more water and a safe seat, I pull it off nicely. An hour later, she's back at her cubby, grabbing shoes and saying goodbye to friends. She glows.

Then on to my parent's house for a visit and a drop off (for a one night sleep over). I'm exhausted.
2nd non-post-injection Saturday.
Still tired.
Still recovering.
Still happy to go home, sit for awhile, stare at the grass, watch the wind.

1 comment:

TeaStarWitch said...

Oh, you daughter does gymnastics? So cute. We'll watch her getting a gold medal on Olimpics : )

Are you still tired? : (