Friday, March 02, 2007

The Last Minute

6:30pm Watch chimes during the drive home. I let it go, listen, grin, lingering over the button before I press.

7:11 Groceries are put away. Shot is warming beside me. Potty break.

7:18 All washed up. Slapping way.

7:27 Finally kicked my hubby out, all personal crisis about work stuff. Hello! I'm having a moment here! He's gone now. Back to slapping.

7:29 I need something to drink.

7:30 Back to slapping.

7:31 Prepping the needle. Slap, slap, slap.

7:32 This is it... slap, slap, slap.

7:35 Pinch, point, pace around.

7:36 Starting to cry. Breathe, breathe, slap, slap, slap.

7:38 Done... 48 shots, all done. I'm done. I did it! I finished treatment!!! Heavy crying, blind heaving, wall clinging.

7:46 Calm. Surprisingly calm. Taller I think, too.

5 comments:

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

Taller you say? Standing on the shoulders of adversity springs to mind. Digging your heels in and calmly speaking the words....'I did it, and I am here to jolly well stay'.

Congratulations Ample! Absolute bucket loads of cyber hugs coming your way:)

Freakin Sweet!....as Peter Griffin would say from Family Guy;)

Not Blank said...

It's a new day and Welcome to a HCV Free Life! You did it! With grace and style, and while giving hope and inspiration to the rest of us.
Well done, Sister!

Ample said...

Thanks guys!!!!! Whoo Hooo!!!!! You have all been such a great help to me. Thank you so much. Especially to Jason, Chris, Uncertain, and Teastar! My little blogging group. My life line. My open ears. My witnesses. Thank you.

Uncertain and Teastar... you guys are next! I'll be watching and listening all the way!

Jason: I really am taller.... I swear! Really! Thank you.

Chris Vacano said...

Way to go, Ample! You've run the gauntlet gracefully and courageously. Now it's time to hold your head high and proudly declare to yourself and the world that you have faced the virus and didn't flinch.

And I'm with you... watching for Uncertain and Teastar to pull through next.

Big hugs!
Chris

TeaStarWitch said...

Ample, I had tears in my eyes when I was reading your post. They still are running down my face. I'm really happy for you. I wish you all the best and would give you the whole world as a reward, you earned it.
Love
TeaStar