Saturday, March 31, 2007

Here's how it happens

Running across the playground the other day, has turned out to be really important. I keep thinking about it, over and over. Partially because my legs still hurt, but also because it felt really good, strong, fast (for such a slow jog). My hubby suggested I should keep going: tomorrow run to that tree, then the next day run to that one. "Eventually you'll run a marathon," he said............ heavy pause in my chest followed by sudden elation................. I could run a marathon. I could do that. Wouldn't that be crazy. Could I do that? Yeah, I could do that... mentally anyway. Huh.... could I do it in one year? Well... let's say two? Yeah, let's "try" I say to myself, knowing full well I'm going to give it my all...

Running log:
  1. (3/29/07) 25 yds, slow jog across the playground
  2. (3/31/07) 50 yds, to the tree, slow trot, laughing out loud like a lunatic, almost ran back as well, but immediately thought the better of it when I stopped to turn around (legs were cramping and so were my cheeks). Hey doubled my distance already!

3 comments:

Not Blank said...

Well, I think you already ran a marathon, a 48-week marathon. If you want to run a 26 mile marathon, I say go for it!

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

I'd say go for it too! What a goal to get back into the swing of things. I got a few goals going this year too....mostly to do with cycling & kayaking;) I intend to be so exhausted by the end of the year that I can't even see straight;)

On your marks! Get set! GO!!!

TeaStarWitch said...

Ample, if you could do 48 weeks of hell, you CAN DO ANYTHING, you can even fly to the moon, just go for it.