Thursday, March 29, 2007

To not forget

I remember the pain,
that twisted my back, hands, face,
that pushed down,
deepened the pit.

I remember the weakness,
that furrowed my brow,
thickened the air,
emptied my spirit.

I remember the steps,
that reached too far,
the laughter that hurt,
the sounds that tore, crashed, burned.

I remember the tears.

And I want to remember,
to not forget,
the pain, the weakness, those steps,
of long ago,
to see the difference,
recognize the miles,
and celebrate.

5 comments:

Not Blank said...

You'll remember...but it will be the way Neil Armstrong says he remembers walking on the moon - as a city in a foreign country, he once visited.
Or, like labor pains, that you swear you'll never forget - but you do, or else no one would ever have more than one child. You'll remember the memory, hopefully not every detail of the experience.

Jason Paul Tolmie said...

You hit the nail on the head with the line 'And I want to remember, to not forget....'

You will forget it ever happened if you let yourself.

It may sound odd...but I have already forgotten the tx I did. This is why I wanted to keep all the syringes & boxes, incase of that. So as to not forget.

Your Blog (as will mine) will always be there. To look back on in the years, decades to come and for your child and family and friends to see too.

And besides.....I (& the likes of Chris, UC & Tea etc) won't let you forget Ample. We will be forever linked and memories of people (unlike chemicals) stick like glue.

Ample said...

you guys are great. :)

Unknown said...

The memory fades....but the new appreciation for life and health will not

TeaStarWitch said...

Common, you don't need bad memories, forget them, let them fade, disappear